Update: The promotion is now over. Congrats to the winners!
We're doing a promotion over at JavaRanch this week (Tuesday through Friday, i.e. July 16-19): Ask me a question about my ebook, Presenting for Geeks, or pretty much any other question related to presentations and presenting. I'll try to answer them all - and you'll get a chance to win a copy of the ebook.
I've linked to some of the more interesting discussions below. You can read them all over at the JavaRanch forum:
- Why you should prepare a pitch for your presentation. It has multiple uses, actually.
- How to connect with your audience.
- Doing live coding examples and demos.
- A discussion about presenting without slides.
- Getting feedback from the audience, especially in a classroom environment.
- Estimating the duration of a presentation, handling questions, and presenting in corporate environments (quite the mix of topics in this discussion).
- Tools, or rather: Gear - laser pointers, cables, etc. What do you take with you?
- More about the target audience and the motivation for writing "Presenting for Geeks".
Thanks to all the participatns for the interesting questions and discussions!
Please email me for details.